Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACCA P1

Options
  • 16-01-2016 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hi,
    I am hoping to sit P1 in march this year with self study. Would anyone have any tips etc? Is P1 easy enough to pass?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Sariah

I'll let you know tomorrow when I get my results.

I would say exam technique matters more on this paper than any other. Breaking down the sub parts of each question into smaller marks is really important also. The subject matter is not difficult but you have to really know where the marks are and you have to be very concise in gaining them. You should be aiming for 96 3 line paragraphs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭AppleBottle

Also waiting on P1 results. :eek:

But in terms of the course, I found it to be a big enough course so if you will have the time to dedicate yourself you can do it. There is a lot of material. As with the above user, exam technique is extremely important and looking at hings like the marks is a good technique to use. Don't forget about the technical articles which are on the ACCA website. It wouldn't be any harm in looking into a revision course for the paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

Did it last year.

Do past papers over and over and read the technical articles. I also used the small spiral BPP revision book. Didn't bother with the larger text book.

I home studied too and it is very doable.

Advertisement