Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bsc vs Ba in Psychology

Options
  • 16-01-2016 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

So long as psychology is the major component, it makes no difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Lyra Fangs

So long as psychology is the major component, it makes no difference.

I would be inclined to disagree. I think it depends on what area you want to get into further down the line.

The differentiation between Bsc and Ba for psychology very simple put is that the Bsc is more application based whereas the Ba is more theory based.

I think it would be easier to get into a masters in applied psychology having completed a Bsc as you could argue that you had more exposure to, for example, psychological methodology for the purpose of research and the application of theories to real world situations.

I completed a Bsc and my friend completed a Ba. My degree featured more computer based modules whereas his featured more broad theoretical modules covering many different fields within psychology.

Advertisement