Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Update Rooted HTC M7?

Options
  • 16-01-2016 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi guys, I've been at this for months and getting nowhere.

Basically I rooted my m7 when I got it around 2 years ago. It was bought on Three with 4.3 on it. I am happy with the phone and don't want to but a new one as of yet, but would like to use 4G. I have SuperUser access.

So, I have looked or the original RUU file, I went through the command prompt and found the necessary details and a corresponding file link to return to stock but unfortunately that link was dead and I cannot find another no matter what amount of searching I have done.

Everything I have been searching for ends up telling me to flash that missing RUU, so I'm wondering is there another way? I don't necessarily want to unroot the phone, I just want 4G on it, can I update the root?

Before the HTC I was usuing iPhone and it was straight forward, I did research before I rooted the android and it seemed straight forward enough to unroot, but I didnt realise that the RUU I needed was going to disappear from the net :/

Any thoughts? I'm hoping that I've been looking at this all wrong and there is away of doing something without unrooting the phone as pretty much every reason I have found that people want to do this is because the specifically want to reurn to stock whereas I am happy wither way.

Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

Coakers wrote: »
    Hi guys, I've been at this for months and getting nowhere.

Basically I rooted my m7 when I got it around 2 years ago. It was bought on Three with 4.3 on it. I am happy with the phone and don't want to but a new one as of yet, but would like to use 4G. I have SuperUser access.

So, I have looked or the original RUU file, I went through the command prompt and found the necessary details and a corresponding file link to return to stock but unfortunately that link was dead and I cannot find another no matter what amount of searching I have done.

Everything I have been searching for ends up telling me to flash that missing RUU, so I'm wondering is there another way? I don't necessarily want to unroot the phone, I just want 4G on it, can I update the root?

Before the HTC I was usuing iPhone and it was straight forward, I did research before I rooted the android and it seemed straight forward enough to unroot, but I didnt realise that the RUU I needed was going to disappear from the net :/

Any thoughts? I'm hoping that I've been looking at this all wrong and there is away of doing something without unrooting the phone as pretty much every reason I have found that people want to do this is because the specifically want to reurn to stock whereas I am happy wither way.

Thanks!!

Are you sure the M7 has 4G ?

I had one and don't remember having 4G

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Coakers

yeah, it defo has 4g- there was an update available well over a year ago when they started rolling it out but I couldnt install because of the root, hence the question :/

Advertisement