Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC GSM-M help

Options
  • 16-01-2016 2:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all, new to the forum, hope someone can help! I have a GSM-M unit version G1.13 which I am trying to set up with an existing hkc main panel. The main panel is version 7.33. I have two comms cards connecting the two units and can log in through the serial menu on the keypad but I cant get the settings needed to set up the sim etc. Would anyone here have a manual for the Gsm-m unit or advise if the software versions are compatible? Thanks guys.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭stuartkee

callaghano wrote: »
    Hi all, new to the forum, hope someone can help! I have a GSM-M unit version G1.13 which I am trying to set up with an existing hkc main panel. The main panel is version 7.33. I have two comms cards connecting the two units and can log in through the serial menu on the keypad but I cant get the settings needed to set up the sim etc. Would anyone here have a manual for the Gsm-m unit or advise if the software versions are compatible? Thanks guys.

The GSM software is to old. G1.13 is inly a phone line provider and will not do SMS. For SMS you need version 2 or higher. I also know that HKC dont make this gsm or panel any more

• Registered Users Posts: 2 callaghano

stuartkee wrote: »
    The GSM software is to old. G1.13 is inly a phone line provider and will not do SMS. For SMS you need version 2 or higher. I also know that HKC dont make this gsm or panel any more

Thanks stuartkee, I will try look into getting the software updated. It would be great if i could get this working as the text alert feature makes it all worthwhile. I would also like to get my hands on a manual for it I'm sure someone on here has a copy!

Advertisement