Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Divorce Fee

• 15-01-2016 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Good afternoon.

I have tried searching for this but haven't managed to find an answer yet.

I am looking to start an uncontested divorce. There are no issues between us. but I was wondering if anybody knew how much the fees were to apply to the courts.

The forms seem very easy to fill in and won't pose an issue to me. But I cannot seem to find what fees i need to pay.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance.
    Dclewis

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

My mothers cost €250 to do herself. Your best bet is to head down to your local court house and ask for the forms needed. Some need to be witnessed so a peace commissioner will charge €10 per witnessing. There are some other costs to be paid to the court also. The clerk at your local courthouse will give you a ball park.

I can't link to the sites here but if you google 'self divorce Ireland' you'll see some companies that will help you with a straight forward divorce for €250-500.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

There's are fees payable to the court in family law

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Sala

There are no fees for filing family law paperwork. If you really are able to go DIY just get the papers online for free

Advertisement