Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2k paint/ spray painting

Options
  • 15-01-2016 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭

Hi there is there anyone on this forum who is a spray painter or knows about paint. Looking info on 2k paint

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭sogood

Dupont wrote: »
    Hi there is there anyone on this forum who is a spray painter or knows about paint. Looking info on 2k paint

Hi there. Not a spray painter, but I have used 2k paint on a boat recently. After having researched and asked a lot of questions, I went with a fine fleece roller to apply it. I had the option to spray, but the feedback seemed to suggest that spraying 2k was not for the amateur.

Proper ventilation is a must as the paint is quite poisonous, whereas, spraying standard (cellulose) base coat and clear, while still needing proper care, is less so. Spraying 2k is less forgiving as far as I could ascertain. It is a very hard wearing finish, by virtue of its' make up, but for my little boat, using the roller was a much simpler and perfectly satisfactory way to go.

FWIW, include a pic of the finished job and the type of roller I used. If you are considering it, there are lots of examples on youtube of cars painted this way.

I have a project MG which will (eventually) be repainted but I will be spraying it using base coat and clear.

Advertisement