Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix on iPad - constantly crashing

Options
  • 15-01-2016 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

I cast Netflix from my iPad to my TV using Chromecast.

Almost every time I try to start casting the application freezes, or it displays an error message, or it simply doesn't respond to me clicking on an icon (be it a 'play' button, or a programme tile).

I usually have to reboot the iPad, un-install and re-install the Netflix app, switch my modem on and off, or sometimes all three. This isn't an infrequent occurrence - this happens pretty much every single time I try to use the Netflix app.

I've tweeted them about it and they just direct me to a Help page online.

Also, once I do manage to get the casting started, it's proving very difficult to access the stream on the iPad to pause or stop playback. Many times I've had to just turn the TV off and walk away until the tablet was out of range of the Chromecast.

It's driving me mad, to the point that I'm thinking of cancelling my subscription.

Anyone else experiencing recurring issues like this?

Advertisement