Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chipping/Pitching at Home with a Camera

Options
  • 15-01-2016 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭

There seems to be loads of videos online showing the different positions we should achieve in the golf swing/ on plane.
    However, I've yet to come across a video showing the positions we should achieve in chipping.
    My chipping is woeful to say the least.
    I videos myself today and noticed through impact my club is exiting way way left anyone know if this is a bad thing and if there are any videos out there chipping/camera related?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭A New earth

There seems to be loads of videos online showing the different positions we should achieve in the golf swing/ on plane.
    However, I've yet to come across a video showing the positions we should achieve in chipping.
    I videos myself today and noticed through impact my club is exiting way way left anyone know if this is a bad thing and if there are any videos out there chipping/camera related?

I have at least 13 things to practice with chipping but you probably don't want to have to read all of them. The last 3 swing thoughts work great for me
    1. Soft hand - i.e. grip lightly
    2. Nearly stop at top of back swing - i.e. stops you swinging too quickly
    3. Keep legs steady - I'm inclined to steer with legs.

Hope that helps - rest are set up positions:- visualise the shot, hands forward, ball back, grip down, feet close together, weight left, open stance, don't break wrists etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Russman

There's not necessarily positions you "should" achieve, especially with chipping/pitching. It depends on the shot you're playing, ie high cut up lob, low runner, low checker etc. Exiting way left could be a function of that.
    But don't forget, golfers stand "side-on" to the target, so with the body effectively being a fulcrum, the club has to come back inside at some point. IMHO focussing on positions in the short game will take away from feel, which, again only IMO, is far more important.

I wouldn't advocate "bad" swings per se, but you can be in perfect positions and hit an awful shot and likewise can be in awful positions and manage to hit a good shot. Control of clubface is more important.

Advertisement