Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite teaser trailers

Options
  • 15-01-2016 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭

What your favourite teaser trailer? Teasers are arguably one of the best ways to hype a movie and a good teaser is brilliant at grabbing your emotions. A teaser trailer definition (from slashfilm):
    • Teaser trailers are almost always the first trailer released for a given film.
    • They usually run under 90 seconds in length, although there are exceptions.
    • Usually the teaser trailer will sell a movie based on the high-concept idea or the film’s tone instead of the characters and their story.
    • Often times the best teaser trailers show little to no actual footage from the film, but this is certainly not a requirement.

Some personal favourites of mine:

War Of The Worlds

Very effective trailer. I remember being so hyped for this, and this teaser is to thank for that. The movie was a bit of a let down but man did watching this (again and again) give me goosebumps.

The Matrix Reloaded

What's this now? The sequel to one of the greatest sci-fi movies ever made? F*ck yes. So much....cool.

Interstellar

Magnificent teaser. In about 90 seconds it manages to grab your heart, your hopes, your dreams...and leaves you with serious anticipation for the movie.

Comments

Good, frightening trailer for a not very good horror sequel.

I saw this teaser in a cinema in San Diego in 2007. I had no idea the film would become so iconic. I love the split-second flash of the 'Joker' card just as the trailer is ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

This has my blood pumping - Harley's Lunacy along with a Joker performance that could be epic with a sprinkle of batman and a host of characters to be introduced to fire us into a universe of many many movies - this and batman v superman. (please god let zack snyder do something right for a change)

But on this trailer the soundtrack really really fits the bill - I think its an old beegees song (think)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

Arnie had the two best teasers ever!

Knocked out the park with this one.

and this one was classic also

seen it in the cinema before Coppola's Dracula.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,384 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. Perfect teaser trailer. Tells you nothing, but completely intrigues you and you just want to see more.

Advertisement