Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wife's first birthday gift

Options
  • 14-01-2016 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,845 ✭✭✭✭

Ladies of the Lounge, your advice please!

No, I haven't just married someone who is having their first birthday, my wife of about 6 months is having her birthday this weekend, her first one since we married.

The question is, what should I buy her? I'd like it to be special but not extravagant, and I'm not being mean, its that we are spending a lot on our home at the moment and we are both aware of cashflow just now, so I'd like her to just enjoy it and not be thinking of what else we could have bought with the money!

So, a momento? Jewellery? A spa treatment?

What have you received on your birthdays after your weddings? What would you like to receive? What is traditional?

Thanks for any advice! LB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

To be honest there's no real difference between buying for your wife's birthday and buying for your finance's birthday last year, unless it's a significant age. I don't think there's anything particularly special about it. What we loved the most was being able to buy a "happy birthday to my wife/husband" card so I would suggest getting a really nice one.

FWIW - my birthday was a month after we got married and he went away with the boys for the weekend! And yes we are still married!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Mod

As outlined in the charter
    Do not post gift requests. Use the Gifts & Festivities forum.

I have moved this thread to the Gifts and Festivities forum. Their charter is now in effect so please read it thoroughly.

Mars Bar

Advertisement