Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with new pc build and 4k TV

Options
  • 14-01-2016 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭

I just bought some parts and built a new pc. I've bought a relatively cheap 4k TV and I want to watch some true 4k content on it.

http://www.powercity.ie/?par=10-13-40CX400

When I set the display settings on the pc to 4096 x 2160 there is lag on the screen but the tv does detect the input as 4096 x 2160, however when I launch the game dead space the highest resolution it offers me is 1080, also the TV detects the game a lower res.

The card I got is an amd r9 380, so I tried setting gpu scaling. This actually removed the lag but the max res in display settings is 3840 x 2160. The TV detects this signal as 1080 though, however when I launch dead space the max res I can set is 3840 x 2160.

Any clues? I'm hoping it's not a problem with the TV.

Comments

Advertisement