Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting in UCC

Options
  • 14-01-2016 9:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'm hoping to do commerce in UCC in September, just wanted to get some info about the timetable? I won't be living in the city, I'll be travelling could this affect my college life? I'm not too into going on nights out! Anyone else do this course and love it??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

emmab123 wrote: »
    I'm hoping to do commerce in UCC in September, just wanted to get some info about the timetable? I won't be living in the city, I'll be travelling could this affect my college life? I'm not too into going on nights out! Anyone else do this course and love it??

I graduated commerce in 2014, its a great course and you are usually very employable afterwards (longest I've been between jobs since my last exam is 5 weeks). There's a huge subject choice so by 4th year you are really only studying what you like. First year is very broad and you just cover everything so it can be tough.

Regarding the timetable its not full. You are busy in first year but the hours decrease as the years go on and you'll often have 3/4 hours between lectures. There are so many on the course that students aren't taken into account it's all about lecturer and room availability.

If you are the type to grab a coffee and head to the library it's fine but if you're not (like me) you can end up wasting days of your life in the coffee dock. that's not neccessarily a bad thing, I had lovely days on the couches but it's just something to be aware of!

Advertisement