Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Patriot 480gb SSD for 124.95 on ibood

Options
  • 14-01-2016 9:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

Seems like a good price

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭ejabrod

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Amazon have this Crucial drive for in and around the same price. You wouldn't have to deal with a long wait from ibood either:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Crucial-BX200-480GB-2-5-Inch-CT480BX200SSD1/dp/B016JREG84/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1452768095&sr=8-3&keywords=crucial+500gb+ssd

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

I will always buy Brand Name electrics/electronics.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

And people should keep in mind, that when an SSD fails, the chance of recovering the data from it would be slim. Unlike a HDD which usually gradually fails and gives you a chance to recover.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭v10

And people should keep in mind, that when an SSD fails, the chance of recovering the data from it would be slim. Unlike a HDD which usually gradually fails and gives you a chance to recover.

I learned this the hard way :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Lord Nikon wrote: »
    I will always buy Brand Name electrics/electronics.

Patriot aren't exactly an unknown brand :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭s982102

MOH wrote: »
    Patriot aren't exactly an unknown brand :confused:

It is an unknown brand for SSDs or HDs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

Well so were Lamborghini for making cars.....until they started making cars.

Patriot make Flash drives, solid state memory in a smaller form factor. Not a big jump to SSD's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭11214

s982102 wrote: »
    It is an unknown brand for SSDs or HDs.

Not that I would use a Patriot SSD myself, but in fairness they have been making them for a long old time, just because they're unknown to some doesn't unknown to everyone.
    I certainly remember a review of a Patriot SSD from about eight to ten years ago when I was looking to get my first SSD.

• Advertisement

Pique wrote: »
    Well so were Lamborghini for making cars.....until they started making cars.

Patriot make Flash drives, solid state memory in a smaller form factor. Not a big jump to SSD's.

Yeah, Lamborghini is well known car maker now. But the argument is that it was an unknown car maker at the start.

For Patriot, it is currently an unknown brand for making SSDs. I don't the phrase is anything wrong.

I think we should all just realise that iBood is ****e, amazon is infinitely better. And also, the crucial drive I linked to, is the same capacity, a proven drive and the same price. Anyone going with iBood would want their heads checked.

By the way, the word 'unknown' in this discussion generally means it is not a well-known brand. There is no point of talking the meaning of absolute unknown as any brand is known to someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

s982102 wrote: »
    By the way, the word 'unknown' in this discussion generally means it is not a well-known brand. There is no point of talking the meaning of absolute unknown as any brand is known to someone.

My point was that Patriot isn't some unknown knock-off like Adidaft or Hayloft Packard, they're an established electronics supplier.

The Crucial on eis probably a better option though.

Advertisement