Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebook Page Share Button Missing

Options
  • 13-01-2016 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    Wondering if anyone else has this problem. I admin on about 7 different facebook pages, community, clubs pages. Today for some reason the share button is missing. In the news feed page, if there's a post I would like to share it has vanished. Like and comment are still there. This is the same no matter what other page I go to, not only the news feed of pages followed. When I swiutch back to my personal profile its as normal :confused:

Post articles of other pages,

[IMG][/img]facebook%20page%20share%20button%20missing_zps5wxbdhio.jpg

Post article in the admin page,

facebook%20page%20sharing%20button%20missing_zps3z8wamw3.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

The problem only appears to be in Google crome, firefox is fine as is my phone. Anyone else with same problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Possibly a browser glitch, try clearing chrome cache "from beginning of time"

Just an update. My share button has mysteriously reappeared again on all my pages :confused:

[IMG][/img]share%20button%20appeared_zpsnnjiyzab.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Did you clear the browser cache?

biko wrote: »
    Did you clear the browser cache?

Nope, didn't do anything, I meant to say. I sent a report to facebook about it too but never heard anything back from them. Talking to other admins on some of my pages, they had no problems. Didn't change anything in chrome either. It was OK on firefox the first time I checked, but after checking a few days later the same problem was on firefox. Unless it was caused by windows 10 and got rectified with some updates? Only thing I can think of that changed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭bside29

mayo.mick wrote: »
    Nope, didn't do anything, I meant to say. I sent a report to facebook about it too but never heard anything back from them. Talking to other admins on some of my pages, they had no problems. Didn't change anything in chrome either. It was OK on firefox the first time I checked, but after checking a few days later the same problem was on firefox. Unless it was caused by windows 10 and got rectified with some updates? Only thing I can think of that changed.

possibly a java or another add on (Related to Chrome) is conflicting or needs updating. Now that you see the Share button again, it is possible that it went on auto update itself.

Advertisement