Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Battery Pack Charger Recommendations (Cork)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭visual

Aldi have slow battery charger it has intelligence built in. 20 euro.

Good for maintaining battery or charging up over night but it doesn't do fast charging so if you came out to a flat battery in morning it be all day charging before you could start car.

What is your planned use for charger ?

The Halford charger you linked looks good for price

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

There are many to choose from and much depends on what you intend to use it for. Trickle charging a regular car or keep in the house in case car won't start in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭randombar

In house for car not starting is the main one, have a trickle already.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,391 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Sorry for stating the bleedin' obvious but .... you have a trickle charger in the house and now you want to buy a mains charger to carry in the car, have you thought about buying a decent battery?

It's more the collection of cars/lawnmower really.

I know we'll buy it and never need it again but the lawnmower needs a trickle at the start of the season when it's not run that often but most of the time I forget until I actually want to use it.

Brothers car is a bit off at the minute.

Also my car doesn't make the beeping sound when you get out of the car with the lights on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

I have a Ring one that I got in Halfords and have been using it all over the past 3 winters to trickle charge while it is in storage. Pretty good, far better than a cheaper one that I have, in faxt I bought a second one and I sometimes throw it on over night on my daily drivers during cold spells to keep the car batteries tip top.

Picked that one up in Halfords anyway, very impressed so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

I know this is thread is a few months old but I was looking at that same charger in Halford. Is this a portable charger? I've gotten caught out three times now (in the last year) when its raining really heavy. I've got back to my car to a dead battery. Absolutely dead. I need a charger that I can carry in the car, with a charge in it, so that if I'm in the middle of nowhere I can connect it and charge my car. When I was in Cork last June a kind Garda helped with a portable charger - I would like something similar. Any ideas where I could get one?

I know this is thread is a few months old but I was looking at that same charger in Halford. Is this a portable charger? I've gotten caught out three times now (in the last year) when its raining really heavy. I've got back to my car to a dead battery. Absolutely dead. I need a charger that I can carry in the car, with a charge in it, so that if I'm in the middle of nowhere I can connect it and charge my car. When I was in Cork last June a kind Garda helped with a portable charger - I would like something similar. Any ideas where I could get one?

So far working great, decent power out of it and stays charged ok.

Advertisement