Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Large Tablet recommendation

Options
  • 13-01-2016 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,297 ✭✭✭

I saw the iPad Pro 12.9" tablet in store yesterday and.. lets just say I really like that size screen on a tablet.

I am not big into apple ecosystem. I have a first generation iPad mini, but I have more Google devices, so I am looking to stay with Android. Or Windows even (thinking Surface Pro type devices).

Is there a decent large screen (12 inch+) Android/Windows tablet out there that is not too expensive? Any recommendations from personal experience?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭megaten

Samsung do a 12 inch note pro I think. I have the 10 inch note 2014 which is alright other than it still hasn't been updated to lollipop.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I have the Note Pro 12", however I don't use it as much now that I got a new 3-in-1 laptop that doubles as a tab.

I posted a few mini-reviews of it here, do a search.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,297 ✭✭✭positron

Thanks for the thoughts.

I am starting to like Surface 4 over others. As usual, once you start looking into buying a new device, you want it to do everything (like running Eclipse, Android Studio etc). Surface seems to be up to the task, not sure the keyboard though. I wish there was a 13.1 or 14 inch screen Surface!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭vg88

Have the surface pro 3. Great for college work (as a laptop) and just watching movies on it at home. Make sure you get the keyboard with the surface.
    Had a couple of hardware issues with the surface 3, on my 4th one now. But microsoft were very very good when something went wrong, always had a device in a couple of days after reporting (they always send a new one rather than replacing) for free of charge during the 1 year warranty.
    The windows store is poor, apart from that everything else is great.

• Advertisement
Advertisement