Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legal age to get a tattoo,with parental consent

Options
  • 13-01-2016 12:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    Quick question,can someone get à tattoo with parent consent before 18?

Reason i ask is i spotted a child of à guy i know on facebook sporting à tattoo done by <SNIP>.
    Child is born late 2000.

Is this normal enough

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

There's no law against tattooing a minor.

However, NO reputable tattoo artist/studio will tattoo a child, with or without parental consent. The guy that did it is probably a really crap excuse for an artist, or some scratcher who does it from home.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

WARNING: DO NOT post unsubstantiated slurs on any artist (or any person tbh)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

Would a post to the Facebook page with the comments from the artist make this a substantiated post

The reason I asked in the first place was I found it to be shocking. I mean it can be proven the child DOB, and the artist can be proven.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Dunno if you'd be allowed post the comments without blacking out the names, but I wouldn't mind seeing it if you wouldn't mind PMing it to me?

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Are you sure the artist was aware of the child's age?

• Advertisement

allibastor wrote: »
    Would a post to the Facebook page with the comments from the artist make this a substantiated post

The reason I asked in the first place was I found it to be shocking. I mean it can be proven the child DOB, and the artist can be proven.

From the charter, which everyone is supposed to familiarise themselves with before posting:
    Star Lord wrote: »
    • Similarly, slagging off or running down studios, artists or piercers is not permitted under any circumstances.
      Doing so will result in an infraction or a ban, this is at the moderators discretion. First hand experiences are ok, so long as they're balanced and not simply slating the place/artist/piercer.

Toots wrote: »
    Are you sure the artist was aware of the child's age?

Yeah, the artist was tagged and commented on the kids facebook about his work.
    The birth year is on the page, plus the kid looks 15, no ifs ands or buts.

From the charter, which everyone is supposed to familiarise themselves with before posting:

Its not running down or slagging though.
    I was asking à question on age in regard to à tattoo done on à 15year old, all of which can be backed up.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

As penny said there are no laws with regard to minimum age to get a tattoo so there's nothing you can do. I believe there was talk of bringing in some proper regulations recently but it was more so for health and safety reasons.

TBH any artist worth their salt won't tattoo anyone under 18, even with permission from a parent. I'd probably stay away from any studio that does as if they're not checking for ID then they're probably lax with hygiene.

http://www.hse.ie/eng/services/list/1/environ/Tattooing_and_Body_Piercing.html

allibastor wrote: »
    Its not running down or slagging though.
    I was asking à question on age in regard to à tattoo done on à 15year old, all of which can be backed up.

And naming the artist involved. Which could land boards as liable in the face of any possible legal, because they are effectively hosting your comment.

• Advertisement

And naming the artist involved. Which could land boards as liable in the face of any possible legal, because they are effectively hosting your comment.

I get that, but again its not slander or slur, it is asking a question about a artist which did a tattoo to a person, which can be backed up.

Slander is saying they perform the work illegally, or implying that they do. As said here, it isn't illegal to actually do the work, so no slander.

It's defamation.

Don't push the rule further please. Discussion of mod decisions is not allowed on thread. Should you wish to further discuss this, take it to PM.

Advertisement