Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota Corolla window stuck

Options
  • 12-01-2016 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hello I have 03 Toyota Corolla saloon and I'm having a problem with my passenger window as it won't go down. My dad said he had a similar problem with his Avensis but he fixed his by holding down the window lock button for a minute to deactivate the child lock on it. I've tried that but no luck, there could be a different solution for my corolla. I've looked on the internet but no luck with it, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,392 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

so the window lock is off, as in its in the higher position?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 thanlon2704

Yes, but the button seems a little sinked down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Yes, but the button seems a little sinked down.

Give it a little spray with WD40 and work it a few times, probably the only dodgy switch you'll find in a corolla.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,392 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

you can pry the button off with a toothpick or similar, there's another button underneath with a spring on it. sometimes they get stuck. it should be springing right up. It could probably just do with lubrication. Vaseline or something would do.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 thanlon2704

Cheers I'll try that, I just hope it's not a fuse gone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement