Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blister on finger

Options
  • 12-01-2016 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭

I've had this reoccurring blister on tip/side of my middle finger for years now. It's from how I'm holding the hurley when I strike the ball, causing the layers of skin to shear. But I've no idea how to correct it. Any ideas?

I haven't soft hands and "man"-ing the f**k up just seems to make it worse.

374684.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭DuffleBag

Have u tried changing your brand of grip?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

DuffleBag wrote: »
    Have u tried changing your brand of grip?

No, I haven't. I've used karakal grips since I was a lad and didn't have issues then. I'm fairly sure it's a technique thing. My middle finger is longer than most people's, so perhaps that's taking the brunt of the force.

I may try taping my middle finger to my ring finger and see if that helps spread the load.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Daniel S wrote: »
    No, I haven't. I've used karakal grips since I was a lad and didn't have issues then. I'm fairly sure it's a technique thing. My middle finger is longer than most people's, so perhaps that's taking the brunt of the force.

I may try taping my middle finger to my ring finger and see if that helps spread the load.
    your skin should be able to form calluses where the blisters form if you play often enough. If you play regularly and still get blisters maybe speak to your doctor. If you're only an occasional player then maybe you'll need to do exercises with your hands to toughen them up and form the calluses you'll need to stop the blisters

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Akrasia wrote: »
    your skin should be able to form calluses where the blisters form if you play often enough. If you play regularly and still get blisters maybe speak to your doctor. If you're only an occasional player then maybe you'll need to do exercises with your hands to toughen them up and form the calluses you'll need to stop the blisters

I play/train regularly enough for it to not be an issue. This has been going on for years now. My fingernail bleeds which I should have mentioned too.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Daniel S wrote: »
    I play/train regularly enough for it to not be an issue. This has been going on for years now. My fingernail bleeds which I should have mentioned too.

You should see a doctor. You might have some kind of dermatitis or other condition. It's not normal to keep getting blisters on the same parts of your hands. Get it checked out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Al Monds

The cause might be something not to do hurling.

I used to have finger problems.

But it cleared up after I stopped hand washing my underwear.

Advertisement