Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Football Index, anyone tried it out?

• 12-01-2016 2:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all, didn't see a post about this so figured I'd drop one in.

Has anyone tried https://www.footballindex.co.uk/? Looking to get some feedback on it.

A friend has recommended it to me saying that he has made a few quid from it, and that it is an interesting bit of fun, for only a few quid here and there.

Interesting concept alright that peaked my interest, but was looking to see if anyone is actually using it. Very little info online from end users.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Arrow in the Knee

Just had a quick look there.

So it's similar to DraftKings and FanDuel.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭TheHannibal

Yeah used it this week. Bit of s laugh. Can't win loads in a short space of time but can't lose loads either. Made about 10% on my investment already! Can't complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

i bought mascherano last week when his tax scandal broke and made some return

also bought januzai and david silva and did ok on them.

may get serious into this. seems 40 contracts of a player is must you can buy?

any thoughts on underpriced players.

looking at FF and seeing who has good fixtures ahead is obv the way to go.

i bought mascherano last week when his tax scandal broke and made some return

also bought januzai and david silva and did ok on them.

may get serious into this. seems 40 contracts of a player is must you can buy?

any thoughts on underpriced players.

looking at FF and seeing who has good fixtures ahead is obv the way to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Might throw a few bob into it just for a mess and see what its like.

• Advertisement

jt leaving chelsea buy buy buy

up 8% already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

What's the deal with it being only for Uk residents? Tried to sign up but UK only :\

Did you fellas just sign up with the UK as your location?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

What's the deal with it being only for Uk residents? Tried to sign up but UK only :\

Did you fellas just sign up with the UK as your location?

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Paladonia

I'd also be interested as to how people got around the UK residency.

It seems you need a UK postcode to register?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Paladonia

Word of warning for anyone thinking of setting up an account on Football Index:

I used a friend's address up north as you need a UK address to register. This was fine, and I was able to deposit funds and buy players, etc.

It's only when you attempt to withdraw funds that you are asked to verify your address. As I couldn't provide any documents with my name and this address, my account was cancelled.

My original deposit was refunded to me, so it wasn't a big deal, but just something to bear in mind.

Also apologies for the double post, it wouldn't let me edit the one above for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Seeorr

FWIW Football Index are open in Ireland now, it was announced recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 PuntersHangout

I haven't looked into what trading activities are required to actually make a profit as their offer of trading up to €500 risk free in the first week seems too good to be true. You have a free shot to make a profit and regardless if you make a profit or a loss you withdraw your original deposit at the end of the first week. This offer implies they have a very large profit margin which creates doubts about how achievable it is for the customer to make a profit. Are there any stats on what percentage of people doing this trading make a profit over the medium to long term?

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭blackwave

I joined recently and I have to say that I really like the concept. I think you do need to put in a decent bit of cash like say €250 to build a decent portfolio together. They recently added dividends for goals and assists so strikers have soared in price as a result though this is only from now to November.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement