Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Connect EV: which web site, UK or EU?

Options
  • 12-01-2016 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭

On which web site should I register for the new Nissan Connect EV? nissan.eu or nissan.co.uk?

Nissan.eu does not recognise my VIN, while the UK one recognises it, but I do not want to proceed with the registration unless I am sure. I feel I should be going with the EU site—anyone?

The car is in PDI at NVD and not yet at the dealer, so perhaps I should wait till it arrives there. From speakev.com I gather it is better to register for the You+Nissan before the car TCU gets activated, but to be honest, it seems the whole Nissan Connect EV system is in a bit of a mess at the moment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

UK is the correct server for Ireland. And believe me the current Nissan EV app is unbelievably functional compared to the old Carwings which was a major pain in the neck.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafal

samih wrote: »
    UK is the correct server for Ireland. And believe me the current Nissan EV app is unbelievably functional compared to the old Carwings which was a major pain in the neck.

Thanks. But does that mean registering on the UK site, where the address field now seems to be fixed to "UK"? Or just pointing to the UK server after registration on the EU site? Do you remember which site you have registered on?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

If I remember correctly I initiated the carwings registration from nissan.ie "Nissan Owners" and it then took me to the right place. Sorry I can't be more specific. The emails don't seem to specify where they came from and the registration process may have since changed as carwings is no more.

samih wrote: »
    If I remember correctly I initiated the carwings registration from nissan.ie "Nissan Owners" and it then took me to the right place. Sorry I can't be more specific. The emails don't seem to specify where they came from and the registration process may have since changed as carwings is no more.

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭steelboots

Just got a call from the Nissan garage, car is ready, BUT.... apparently Carwings/Nissan Connect is down across Europe and no new Leafs can leave the garage until they get it back up. Aaaaahhhhhhh !

• Advertisement

Could be the case, I had trouble logging in this morning, and can't log in now either via the App.

I suppose I'll have to wait for mine a little longer. Well, if it helps them to make sure it works and does not need to be taken back for a TCU reset, so much the better.

Yes don't take it home or sigh anything until they can show you it working !

Download and install the app on your phone and get them to demonstrate it's working.

I just heard the same: no MY2016 cars allowed to leave dealerships until Nissan Connect EV gets fixed. Oh well, it has been a test of patience. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭mylesm

Yes don't take it home or sigh anything until they can show you it working !

Download and install the app on your phone and get them to demonstrate it's working.

whats the app called

• Advertisement

mylesm wrote: »
    whats the app called

Nissan EV

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭mylesm

Rafal wrote: »
    Nissan EV

Just on the Android Play Store Can find

NissanConnect

NissanConnectEV

but no Nissan EV

are you sure thats it

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭mundogas

NissanConnect

NissanConnectEV

but no Nissan EV

are you sure thats it

NissanConnect EV. And it says Nissan Europe underneath.

NissanConnect

NissanConnectEV

but no Nissan EV

are you sure thats it

Sorry that's the name that shows on my iPhone, I don't have an Android...

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭mundogas

Could be the case, I had trouble logging in this morning, and can't log in now either via the App.

I had this earlier, uninstalled and reinstalling app sorted it. I'm on android.

I'd say Nissan connect EV is you safest bet on IOS so, if not you can download it at the dealer, it will only take a minute.

Anyone know if the Nissan Connect network is still down ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 delta42

It's inviting me to sign in, then telling me my user id or password is invalid.

steelboots wrote: »
    Anyone know if the Nissan Connect network is still down ?

It's not working properly. Not sure if you are aware, but due to those issues all new Leafs have been temporarily held back from release, see https://speakev.com/threads/new-leaf-deliveries-temporarily-suspended-due-to-nissan-connect-ev-issues.14173/

Was on the the Nissan dealer, who were just off the phone to Nissan Ireland, and they have no time frame as to when it will be up... Could be hours or days they just done know. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,545 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

For the new owners, just be aware that this is par for the course with Carwings / Nissan Connect - it has been essentially unusable (and I ain't exaggerating!) for most of my seven months of ownership with only a brief respite for a few weeks until this week. The third party Leaf Manager is usually more stable but would require a Nissan account to have been set up.

Nissan Dealer rang me, and Nissan Ireland are not advising it may be the middle of next week before the issue is resolved. Nissan will have to give some sweeteners to their disgruntled customers :(

It's working on and off for me. Was able to remote in to activate the heat today , I was delighted with that, fecking freezing today. Got in nice and warm, heated front and rear seats and steering ! I tell ye, it would be very hard to part with remote activating of the heating !

Advertisement