Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DOOGEE X5 Pro 4G Smartphone - €54 Delivered

Options
  • 12-01-2016 1:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭

Sure you coudn't go wrong at that.

EDIT: Might also have to pay VAT on this not sure, if so its only all of an extra €12. Still not to shabby.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

Says flash sale now over

• Registered Users Posts: 64,922 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Still working. $57 which is about €52 shipped (plus VAT and admin fee if caught)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

unkel wrote: »
    Still working. $57 which is about €52 shipped (plus VAT and admin fee if caught)

Showing as $95.18 when I click the link?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

What link? I can't see any link. Was this a GB link or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

When you went to checkout it said flash sale is now over. Now it's at full price..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

I thought GB was banned?

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭SeamusFX

Why is Gear Best banned? Yes that sale seems to be over and it's now $95.18 in black, but the white version seems to be $87.13. also the X5 3G seems to be $57.17 in black from their EU warehouse, so I'd assume VAT wouldn't be charged if shipped from EU. Free shipping to UK, but $10.49 shipping to Ireland, so maybe Parcel Motel. So about €57 with PM. Does anyone have issues with Gear Best?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,231 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Tempting. £99 on Amazon.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Thanks Atomic Pineapple!
    Although I detest schilling, it's not as bad as a company that doesn't ship or sells fakes. Anything else I should worry about GB?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

If my experience of Doogee is anything to go by I wouldn't bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Birneybau wrote: »
    Tempting. £99 on Amazon.co.uk

€99.99 on Amazon.de. A far better bargain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

For some balance, i took a chance on a Doogee y100 4g last year (around E90 at the time) and i bought two more once i had it a few weeks.
    All three are still going fine.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Satriale wrote: »
    For some balance, i took a chance on a Doogee y100 4g last year (around E90 at the time) and i bought two more once i had it a few weeks.
    All three are still going fine.

Picked up a DG800 for the young one for XMas 2014, still perfect, beast of a thing, never an issue of any kind with it.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Sure you coudn't go wrong at that price.

EDIT: Might also have to pay VAT on this not sure, if so its only all of an extra €12. Still not to shabby.

Sounds Doogee to me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭Simi

I bought my mum a y100 3g for €50 in the 11/11 sale. It's a perfectly decent phone. The screen is bright, the call quality is fine, Wi-Fi & 3g work fine, the only negative is the camera. It's absolutely appalling, but you can't have everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I bought a Doogee last year and it was a complete waste of money.
    The battery lasted about 24 hours with normal usage for the first few weeks.
    Then it went down to about 8 hours. Even with a wipe and re-image it did not improve.
    Phone heats up excessively too... and has bloatwear that is a bit intrusive.

You get what you pay for, so beware!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Cheap Chinese phones are generally rubbish, do yourself a favour and get a MotoE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I have one of these, and it's fine. Cost me €55 delivered. Phone is on the chunkier side, but it's fast, with an excellent screen and battery life is good. No issues so far. Camera's pretty bad but that's the only complaint.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

As others have said, you might get in trouble for this post! Just a heads up (I'm not backseat modding). Relevant info is here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

I think boards.ie allow the links to GB now as they are affiliate links through boards.ie

Cheap Chinese phones are generally rubbish, do yourself a favour and get a MotoE.

I'd love to get a Moto E 2nd gen at a reasonable price, but it looks like the €59 ones at Tesco are all gone. Where else can you get a Moto E 2nd gen at a reasonable price?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

SeamusFX wrote: »
    I'd love to get a Moto E 2nd gen at a reasonable price, but it looks like the €59 ones at Tesco are all gone. Where else can you get a Moto E 2nd gen at a reasonable price?

Note Motorola have said they won't be updating the MotoE 2gen with anymore updates. Also the camera is abysmal. Other than those two issues its very nice. Problem is at 99~120 its very close in price to phones with better camera's. Because of the Camera I gave mine to one of the kids, perfect for them.

I'd be looking for something similar, but with a better camera.

Huawei Ascend G620S
    Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime
    Huawei Y6
    Vodafone Smart prime 6

Whats the camera like on the Doogee?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

beauf wrote: »
    Note Motorola have said they won't be updating the MotoE 2gen with anymore updates.
    What? They have changed their approach again?:eek:
    I thought they have clarified all that - a month or two ago - they would be updating all variations across the world except those sold by US carriers.

Do you have a link to their new U-turn or are you just spouting misinformation?
    This is shocking if you are correct and have a source to back it up.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I'm out of date sry. I hadn't realised they'd done a U turn on it.

http://motorola-blog.blogspot.ie/2015/10/marshmallow-and-smore.html

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭delph09

yes, although they have better specifications, the quality still poor. I only trust some Chinese brands like xiaomi, Huawei or oneplus.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

Nah, it's fine. You were probably just doing it wrong ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭5.11 Tactical

Just in case anyone has ordered one dont or go to paypal and get a refund.

They replied to me after I put in a paypal claim saying they are out of stock and would be possibly 2 weeks before they get more in..So they took peoples money under false pretenses.

I have looked up reviews off this site after this my first purchase and they are clear cut robbing scum and chancers.

If they "refund" you it goes back to your "Wallet" in your account meaning a credit note and again waiting for items that are rubbish or not in stock...

May take 10 days to get a paypal refund but better than nothing...

My advice stay away from gearbest..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Mine got caught by customs :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,102 ✭✭✭seanin4711

Lenovo k3 note 150 bucks awesome phone,load ROM from needrom she flies like a bird.

Advertisement