Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Testing lipos under load?

Options
  • 11-01-2016 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have a Thunder power TP1010c which has a max discharge rate of 2amps....

can anyone tell me how I can test my batteries under load? specifically, to find out how many watts they provide?

The largest battery is a 5amp 22.2v for a trex 600....

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Gremlin

The 5A value you are referring to is the Amp Hour Capacity of the battery. So your battery could deliver 5amps for one hour or say, one amp for 5 hours. However that doesnt tell you how how much current your battery can deliver at any given time. That is indicated by the 'C' value of your battery. You will find a value like 25C or 30C or something similar. Lets say yours is 30C for example. That means that the max current you can draw at any time is the Amp hour value x the C value, in your case 5 x 30 = 150amps. Of course if your battery were discharging 150amps you could only do that for a short time. specifically (5amp hours/150)* 60 = 2minutes

A watt meter will allow you to see exactly how much current a particular load is drawing from the battery. Well worth investing. If you know how much your trex draws under load you can use the above to see how long you can safely run your battery without over discharging it.

Hope this helps.

Advertisement