Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

MK1 Octavia Discs

Options
  • 11-01-2016 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Can anyone explain why some online MF say the front discs diameter for my 2002, 1.4L Octavia are anywhere from 230mm, 256mm, 280mm etc?

I need a new set an I'm confused!!! :confused:

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Have you got a ruler?
    Easy enough to set your mind at ease by removing the front wheel and measuring the disc diameter.
    If you are unsure about measuring the diameter take the circumference with a piece of string and divide by 3.14
    Most likely its the smallest of the discs but depending on year/engine size/performance/ etc the disc diameter and thickness can be different.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Provided the correct ones were on it when I bought it :D

Will get down and dirty before the weekend, thanks for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

I looked on brembo and all the 1.4s take 280

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

I looked on brembo and all the 1.4s take 280

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

EBC state that the 2000-2006 1.4 takes a 256mm front, 5 stud 36mm height and 22mm thickness

04- take the 280mm or 288 depending on which engine.

• Advertisement

Hence my confusion lol.

If it ever stops raining, I'll get the wheel off and measure one.

Also managed to strip the threads in the hub where the top guide pin bolts into :(

Local mechanic did an old style "fix" to keep me running, but I'll need to sort it out soon.

For some reason he's unhappy to go the M9 Helicoil route!!

I really don't need the hassle of sourcing and replacing the complete hub!

Advertisement