Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Liberty trying to get rid of customers?

Options
  • 11-01-2016 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭

My wifes policy last year was €420.

She is 32, with a full irish license 8 years. She has 12 years driving experience, never a claim and has (oddly enough) 7 years NCB.

Renewal came in at €574.21 

I rang the AA and got a quote for €551.87 for fully comp, which included step back protection, an excess of €150 and a personal accident/injury cover of €75,000 as opposed to the €6,500 on the Liberty policy. I only mention this last part, because when I phoned Liberty a few minutes ago, your rep tried to argue about the level of cover I was quoted elsewhere, surmising that I must have been mistaken. I only mentioned the difference in cover, because he mentioned it and I was able to quote the level of cover to him before he told me.

Anyway, I told him I was being asked to pay a significant increase (despite a 10% discount for me having my own policy with Liberty) and receive lower cover and less benefits than I was being offered with AA. The rep refused to entertain any notion of negotiating a lower price, other than to suggest third party might be cheaper. I said I could not purchase less cover at higher cost than is on the table with AA. After years of Loyalty, I am very disappointed that Liberty have refused to budge on what is a ridiculous increase and poor customer care. I am genuinely wondering if my Wife, or her vehicle are falling into a category where Liberty do not want to insure her? I would have thought she fell into a very low risk category.

reference 2767731

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 235 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Sean

goz83 wrote: »

She is 32, with a full irish license 8 years. She has 12 years driving experience, never a claim and has (oddly enough) 7 years NCB.

I rang the AA and got a quote for €551.87 for fully comp, which included step back protection, an excess of €150 and a personal accident/injury cover of €75,000 as opposed to the €6,500 on the Liberty policy. I only mention this last part, because when I phoned Liberty a few minutes ago, your rep tried to argue about the level of cover I was quoted elsewhere, surmising that I must have been mistaken. I only mentioned the difference in cover, because he mentioned it and I was able to quote the level of cover to him before he told me.

Anyway, I told him I was being asked to pay a significant increase (despite a 10% discount for me having my own policy with Liberty) and receive lower cover and less benefits than I was being offered with AA. The rep refused to entertain any notion of negotiating a lower price, other than to suggest third party might be cheaper. I said I could not purchase less cover at higher cost than is on the table with AA. After years of Loyalty, I am very disappointed that Liberty have refused to budge on what is a ridiculous increase and poor customer care. I am genuinely wondering if my Wife, or her vehicle are falling into a category where Liberty do not want to insure her? I would have thought she fell into a very low risk category.

reference 2767731
    Hi Goz83
    Sorry to hear this. We will review your wife's quotation with our Underwriting Department and get back to you. Can you pm us with a telephone number for us to contact you or your wife on?
    Regards 
    Seán

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

goz83 wrote: »

reference 2767731
    Hi Goz83
    Sorry to hear this. We will review your wife's quotation with our Underwriting Department and get back to you. Can you pm us with a telephone number for us to contact you or your wife on?
    Regards 
    Seán
    Details sent in PM

Will update thread of any news.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭CVB

I am the same Liberty quoted me around €1,500 !
    And got a quote with Avivia for €1,100 !!! . Disappointing Liberty ! crazy I have been with Liberty since 2008 first car ! And got new car last week . You will keep loosing customers

CVB wrote: »
    I am the same Liberty quoted me around  €1,500 !
    And got a quote with Avivia for €1,100 !!! . Disappointing Liberty ! crazy I have been with Liberty since 2008 first car ! And got new car last week . You will keep loosing customers
    Hi CVB
    I am sorry to hear that you are leaving us. If you have not already activated cover with your new insurers I can review your quotation if you message me with your policy details.
    Regards 
    Seán

• Advertisement

So I got a phone call this morning from Sean. I was expecting some move on the price, but no, Liberty aren't interested in keeping our custom. So, this is one policy going elsewhere. 

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭youandme13

I was the same! With them over 2 years last year was 400 euro, renewed in Oct went up to 600euros!! I'm female 27, full driving license for 8 years and 8 years NCB! Ridiculous!! Had no claims or anything, ever, no reason for such a jump!

It's insane. Lets see what happens next time around. My own insurance is due in a couple of months and I am kind of stuck with Liberty because of an open claim I have against another party. Most other insurers won't take my business because of this, even though the staturpte of limitations has passed and the potential of a claim being made against me (which was never going to happen) is gone. Pack of mobsters they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

Same here........ at one point had four policies in the house and in January the renewal was 60% higher and after negotiation got them to match the lowest other quote which was still 25% dearer than 2015. They then charged another €140 for a change of car two months later.

This month my wife's renewal came in and again it was nearly 70% higher than 2015 so that was the last straw! Goodbye Liberty and hello 123.

And next January it will also be goodbye Liberty.

Must add that we are both driving for over 30 years and never had a claim!

youandme13 wrote: »
    I was the same! With them over 2 years last year was 400 euro, renewed in Oct went up to 600euros!! I'm female 27, full driving license for 8 years and 8 years NCB! Ridiculous!! Had no claims or anything, ever, no reason for such a jump!
    Hi Youandme13

Our premiums are based on a continuous review of a number factors and based on this our premiums can increase as well as decrease. Sorry we could not offer you a more competitive quote.
    Regards 
    Seán 

• Advertisement
Advertisement