Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best togs for training

Options
  • 11-01-2016 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi All,

I currently swim a few times a week with a tri club at intermediate level and the time has come to get some new shorts.

Is there a "material" difference between knee length togs and the shorter James Bond style ones?

I'm not looking to spend big money and was wondering if fashion is the only thing to consider here.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭bob50

For me its a Speedo all the time or a James Bond type

I couldnt do lenghts in a pool with Knee lenght togs

Fashion dosent come in to it if you swim 3 times a week

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

You cant beat Speedo Endurance for durability in pool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭okane1

mad m wrote: »
    You cant beat Speedo Endurance for durability in pool.

Second Speedo endurance. Excellent togs for training

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jrby

what are james bond togs?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

jrby wrote: »
    what are james bond togs?

Skimpy briefs, for the committed potato-smugglers amongst us.

Personally I go for Speedo Endurance Jammers. They last for years and retain their shape and colour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 slowswimmer

cjt156 wrote: »
    Skimpy briefs, for the committed potato-smugglers amongst us.

Personally I go for Speedo Endurance Jammers. They last for years and retain their shape and colour.

James bond togs are the boxer sized ones,in between the classic speedos and the jammers, bicycle length ones, I find the Jammers can balloon out doing breastroke
    speedo endurance are the longest lasting and are available in all three styles

• Registered Users Posts: 34 kidfromkibbly

I just got a pair of Speedo Endurance to start back swimming and they are excellent. And snug! :P

Advertisement