Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CPA Exams April - Useless at studying

Options
  • 11-01-2016 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hi Guys, - I have 3 P1 Exams in April 2016, P1 Corporate Law / P1 Corporate Reporting & P1 Managerial Finance ( The Equivalent of F7 etc. in ACCA )

I work in Industry as a trainee accountant, (They were pushing me for CIMA However I wanted to do CPA for my own reasons)

I get no study leave with this company so any study I do, is on my time, or I book my holidays (I have 20 days per year)
    I have college on Saturdays, & on a Monday & Wednesday evening, (This isn't every week it alternates bi- weekly etc. but there is always at least one class a week)

When the weekend comes I am completely knackered, from college / work and have no more energy to do effective study it isn't enough what I am doing. I am struggling to find a balance,
    I am just looking for tips basically on how the qualified people on this forum did it.
    I know that in order to be an accountant you need to be seriously organised and dedicated, - But any tips at all would be greatly appreciated.

I really do want it enough I am not afraid of hard work, Its just where to start. - Also does anyone else struggle to study at home? & Study in their office after hours?

Thanks a mill :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mydiscworld

I was the same as you. Had burn out with one P1 and P2s to go and found eLearning option excellent.

http://www.cpaireland.ie/study-cpa/study/cpa-e-learning

I never went to a single class after that. Just watched the recorded lectures. The revision courses should also be included in the price so you can attend them if needed.

Of course different approaches work for different people.

Advertisement