Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I need help identifying a PS1 game

• 11-01-2016 2:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Okay, so I remember playing a game years back on the old demo discs and nowhere online has given me the answer… here's what I remember in nice, neat bullet points.
    -Main character is a woman who wears green clothes
    -The game was 3D
    -The game took place in tunnels like a labyrinth
    -I think she had a short ponytail
    -You had to bring people different items (one guy gave me a key because i brought him an apple)
    -The controls were similar to Tomb Raider and Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
    -There was a food pickup that I'm sure was called Mutton

Sorry I can't give a better description, I was quite young when I played it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Deception III: Dark Delusion?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Alienigenis

the_syco wrote: »
    Deception III: Dark Delusion?

Looks like a great game, but I'm afraid that's not it… Thanks though.

sugarman wrote: »
    Could be way off, but Pandemonium?

Not pandemonium, though that was definitely one of my favorite games.

Ah! I figured it out! Excalibur 2555!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,117 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I remember that demo too. The wounded soldier, the charging sound on the sword, the merchant calling you over... I don't think I've thought about it in the 17 years since I played it :D

Demo discs were great.

• Advertisement

I remember that demo too. The wounded soldier, the charging sound on the sword, the merchant calling you over... I don't think I've thought about it in the 17 years since I played it :D

Demo discs were great.

I was playing a demo disc a few weeks ago and I had a flashback of that game, it was terrible but great at the same time… And that damn merchant wouldn't shut up unless you spoke to him! Hehehe. The worst part about demo discs was when a video would play instead of a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Danjamin1

I was one of the fools who bought this game. It was absolutely terrible, a poor mans tomb raider. In fact that's probably an insult to tomb raider. It was just awful.

Not one of the worst PS1 games, surely. Hahah.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,117 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Depends on what review you trust. IGN - 3/10, GameSpot - 3.9/10, CoolROM.com - 4.8/5 :pac:

Depends on what review you trust. IGN - 3/10, GameSpot - 3.9/10, CoolROM.com - 4.8/5 :pac:

That reminded me if a review I read about it last night… the guy was completely serious about it having decent graphics, good voice acting, and a pretty good story… wasn't even an old review! 2011!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,800 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

That reminded me if a review I read about it last night… the guy was completely serious about it having decent graphics, good voice acting, and a pretty good story… wasn't even an old review! 2011!

Rule no. 2314 of the internet. No matter how bad something is there's always someone that likes it... which is the only way to explain the people that love Legend of Dragoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Rule no. 2314 of the internet. No matter how bad something is there's always someone that likes it... which is the only way to explain the people that love Legend of Dragoon.

I actually got Legend of Dragoon on PSN recently, just for a laugh to revisit. With a bit more exposure to the world of JRPG clichés and having a very light hearted take on it, it's actually entertaining to play through it a bit.

Only a bit mind you, the battle system takes the hilarious story and makes it less funny :(

On the other hand, FINALLY got around to starting suikoden 2, which has been very enjoyable so far!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,800 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The terrible translation makes the game a bit more entertaining but my god is the battle system dire.

'Master, I feel your fist inside of me' is my favourite bit of bad translation from it :pac:

Suikoden 2 actually suffers from a poor battle system as well but it's super fast with no loading so it never treads into LoD territory. Also the story is great which helps a lot.

Advertisement