Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seiko SKX007J

Options
  • 11-01-2016 12:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭

Haven't seen one in person, I'm wondering if someone can advise me of where I should be looking for a Seiko SKX007J. It seems all the places recommended online are sold out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

http://www.skywatches.com.sg/reviews/seiko-skx007j1.htm

Or contact Rob at http://www.monsterwatches.eu/eu/index.php/divers/skx007 He is based in Netherlands so his prices are a bit more expensive but you wont have to pay any duty, also better choice of bracelets.

Missing mine, will have to be contacting a certain person on this forum to see if he will let it come back ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭rd1izb7lvpuksx

Wow, his modified Desert 007 looks incredible. I wonder how much that costs!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Liking the look of the Sumo

Anyone ever had an MM300?

Are they as big as a tank ?

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

HDMI wrote: »

Or contact Rob at http://www.monsterwatches.eu/eu/index.php/divers/skx007 He is based in Netherlands so his prices are a bit more expensive but you wont have to pay any duty, also better choice of bracelets.

Missing mine, will have to be contacting a certain person on this forum to see if he will let it come back ;)

I emailed Rob on Monday but haven't heard back - is he usually slow to respond?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,265 ✭✭✭Homer

Liking the look of the Sumo

Anyone ever had an MM300?

Are they as big as a tank ?

I recently sold my marine master, will root out some pics later, just wasn't getting enough wrist time and I had waaaay to many impulse purchases like that sitting around so got sense and offloaded some. It's not much bigger than my Sumo really and based on some of your more recent watches I'd say it would be fine size wise for you. I still have my sumo!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

I emailed Rob on Monday but haven't heard back - is he usually slow to respond?

yes very and he gets annoyed if you ask too many questions, but he has waiting lists and things so that's his prerogative

Tigger wrote: »
    yes very and he gets annoyed if you ask too many questions, but he has waiting lists and things so that's his prerogative

Fair enough - though you do get used to instant gratification online!

Fair enough - though you do get used to instant gratification online!

Unfortunately most of the big names in the Seiko community can be slow to respond due to the volume of emails they get. Trying to sort out genuine sales from queries has been a problem in the past for some of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭goose banker

Just for the info - I had Rob at Monsterwatches replace the glass on a Spork I used to own with a sapphire one and had no problems at all with it, he was good to deal with. Think at the time he was fairly quick to respond to my emails too but I suppose it depends how busy he is at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭emo72

feck, yer breaking me poor heart here. after "losing" my orca this year and all:pac:

seriously though my 007 on mesh is an ultra comfortable watch and i wear it a lot these days. top value for money if you can get one.

• Advertisement

emo72 wrote: »
    feck, yer breaking me poor heart here. after "losing" my orca this year and all:pac:

seriously though my 007 on mesh is an ultra comfortable watch and i wear it a lot these days. top value for money if you can get one.

Heartless git :eek:

Just been looking at some pics I took of that watch and it was a great combo with the mesh. My wrists are a lot bigger now and I am wondering if the lug to lug might look small on my now 8.5" wrists, will see when the skxa55 arrives.

But I can still feel the dark side of the force calling me, gotta stop looking at the old pics :D

IMG_2430.jpg

Unfortunately most of the big names in the Seiko community can be slow to respond due to the volume of emails they get. Trying to sort out genuine sales from queries has been a problem in the past for some of them.

While I can imagine that's an issue, it's been 9 days since I emailed him without response. I just sent him a follow-up, there.

From what people have said here, and that beautiful Desert 007 modification, I'd like to buy from him, but given the radio silence, I might have to try the skywatches.com.sg link you posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Mredsnapper

While I can imagine that's an issue, it's been 9 days since I emailed him without response. I just sent him a follow-up, there.

From what people have said here, and that beautiful Desert 007 modification, I'd like to buy from him, but given the radio silence, I might have to try the skywatches.com.sg link you posted.

I emailed him for a quote on 13/8/2015 and I eventually got a reply on 30/9/2015. I guess he's a busy man.

Advertisement