Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! Can't access "Rebellion" on RTE payer from Co Kerry!

Options
  • 10-01-2016 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭

I'm hoping some techie person may be able to help me out here.

When I went to watch the new RTE drama "Rebellion" on the player a red bar came across the screen saying "Sorry. This content is not available to watch based on your current location." I have heard that viewers in the north are unable to watch this drama because they're outside the Republic, but I'm in Co.Kerry so WTF? :eek: Now could it have something to do with Smart DNS which I had installed on my laptop lately?

Any help /ideas would be most appreciated. Thanks a mil!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

acequion wrote: »

When I went to watch the new RTE drama "Rebellion" on the player a red bar came across the screen saying "Sorry. This content is not available to watch based on your current location." I have heard that viewers in the north are unable to watch this drama because they're outside the republic, but I'm in Co.Kerry so WTF? :eek: Now could it have something to do with Smart DNS which I had installed on my laptop lately?

It must certainly is because of smart dns. This is in effect making it seems like you're in the USA i assume for a streaming service

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭backspacer

When I went to watch the new RTE drama "Rebellion" on the player a red bar came across the screen saying "Sorry. This content is not available to watch based on your current location." I have heard that viewers in the north are unable to watch this drama because they're outside the Republic, but I'm in Co.Kerry so WTF? :eek: Now could it have something to do with Smart DNS which I had installed on my laptop lately?

Best guess is that the Smart DNS software has to be disabled as the rte player is not detecting that the laptop is based in ireland..A quick Google on how to disable it should sort it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,720 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Now could it have something to do with Smart DNS which I had installed on my laptop lately?

Absolutely it is Smart DNS that is causing the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭acequion

Thank so much for the replies. So my suspicions were correct. Does anyone know of a way around this problem? I want to keep the Smart DNS as I'm subscribed for two years[ it was a xmas present] but I also want be able to access RTE player as before. I mustn't be the only one with this problem as Smart DNS is quite popular.

Again any suggestions much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭backspacer

Thank so much for the replies. So my suspicions were correct. Does anyone know of a way around this problem? I want to keep the Smart DNS as I'm subscribed for two years[ it was a xmas present] but I also want be able to access RTE player as before. I mustn't be the only one with this problem as Smart DNS is quite popular.

Check the settings on Smart DNS to see if you can change the regional settings,if you can select Ireland and should allow RTE Player to kick in. This is just an educated guess at best but would imagine that regional settings should be changeable on this software.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭RFOLEY1990

try incognito mode or a different browsers
    when going for RTE player

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭acequion

Thanks guys.I haven't done anything about it yet as I've been busy but you've pointed me in the right direction.:)

Advertisement