Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Sony Head Unit & Amp Cables

Options
  • 10-01-2016 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Could somebody help point me in the correct direction to purchase the 16 pin connection for my Sony head unit and the other 8 pin and 5 pin connections into the amp?

See the attached photo below.

I took it out of an old car I had years ago and I now want to fit it into a car I've done up. The connection on the car seems to be the standard ISO connector.

SonyHeadUnit-1.png

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,316 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Whereabouts you based? Any car radio shop/installer should be able to supply you with the 16 pin to ISO Sony wiring loom.

For connecting to the amplifier you don't need to use the 8/5 pin connections, get yourself an amplifier wiring kit (normally around €30) from the car radio shop & that'll give you all the wiring you need. Your radio has pre-amp outputs (the red & white sockets labelled 'line out') that you can connect straight to the amplifier using RCA leads which will be included in the wiring kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭rb25

TherapyBoy wrote: »
    Whereabouts you based?

In Cork city.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,316 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

rb25 wrote: »
    In Cork city.

I used to know a guy in Cork city on St Patrick's Quay named Eddie O'Sullivan who was pretty good. I think the company was named 'Car Audio & Security'. I'm not sure if they're still in business but it might be worth a look.

Advertisement