Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement windows in semi-d northside Dublin

Options
  • 10-01-2016 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭

HI all, I'm planning to replace 3 windows in my house in Dublin 9. 1 bedroom and 1 bathroom (at the back of the house) and 1 gable.

Bedroom: approximate size 180 x 90 cm
    Bathroom: approximate size 100 x 80 cm
    Gable: approximate size 40 x 75 cm

Attached are pics of the existing bedroom and bathroom ones. As they're at the gable and back of the house I'm not too pushed about looks...can be standard white upvc once they have decent u values and preferably with vents built in to the bedroom one.

These sizes aren't exact as I didn't have a chance to measure them yet, so just looking for ball park costs for supply and fit.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,287 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Before I looked at pics was going to suggest replacing the glazing.

Don't know if the bedroom one passes the Fire Safety requirements of Part B here
    http://www.environ.ie/en/Publications/DevelopmentandHousing/BuildingStandards/FileDownLoad,1640,en.pdf

but that wardrobe certainly does help the access route requirements

Go to page 53

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Before I looked at pics was going to suggest replacing the glazing.

Don't know if the bedroom one passes the Fire Safety requirements of Part B here
    http://www.environ.ie/en/Publications/DevelopmentandHousing/BuildingStandards/FileDownLoad,1640,en.pdf

but that wardrobe certainly does help the access route requirements

Go to page 53

It looks tight for current part B regulations but as the op is renewing, it would be advisable to replace with fully compliant Windows but they do have the option to replace like for like and keep the same openings etc once they don't make the situation any worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Some_randomer

Thanks for the replies. I'll be replacing the wardrobe with one that isn't as close to the window which will allow more access. Also I'll be asking for a window that's compliant with regs.

So does anyone have a ball park price for these?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Thanks for the replies. I'll be replacing the wardrobe with one that isn't as close to the window which will allow more access. Also I'll be asking for a window that's compliant with regs.

So does anyone have a ball park price for these?

2k maybe depending on supplier and finish picked.
    Best bet is to call 3 companies and let the quote you exactly.

One company in Santry quoted me €1100 recently for a replacement window roughly the same size as your bedroom one.

Advertisement