Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mazda 3 (2004) help

Options
  • 09-01-2016 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi guys,
    I am new to boards so forgive me if i have put this in the wrong place. I have a few questions regarding the Mazda 3 Comfort hatchback model, 1.4L 2004 to be exact.

I am considering buying one of these from my local garage for €2,200 it has nct for 6 months but has 137,000 miles.
    I have no previous knowledge or experience with Mazda's, and was hoping that those who do wouldn't mind sharing their experience?

Info that would be really helpful would include - are they generally a reliable car? MPG? What mileage are they good for?(Is 137,000 too high?). Any parts known to go wrong with them?

The man at the garage says they are "bullet proof" but would love some second opinions!
    Any help is greatly appreciated,
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,185 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

137000 miles is not excessively high for a 12 year old car but it can boil down to how the car was maintained by it's previous owners. The 3 is a reliable car but Mazda spare parts are expensive compared to other brands and are not as readily available as others.

Advertisement