Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hkc menus missing

Options
  • 09-01-2016 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭

I have a hkc secure wave alarm that was fitted less than a year ago. At the time I was given the engineer code and authorised by user.

I just tried to access the menu but after entering the code it doesn't ask for the authorised by user and in fact does nothing. It definitely did work as I was in it a few months ago.

I put in my user code and the user manual says that pressing # should cycle through the user menu, it doesn't do anything except arm the system and start the exit timer, pressing # just repeats the system arming message.

So i can't seem to get into either menu, anyone know what could be happening? Alarm working as expected otherwise.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭MacGyver

You need to enter the engineer code first

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭dec2000

MacGyver wrote: »
    You need to enter the engineer code first

Yup that's what I was trying, alarm unset and I enter 0 followed by the 4 digit engineer code but nothing happens then, I use to be asked for authorised by which is when I put in the other code.

When I was going through the manual I saw the user menu so just tried to see if I could get into that but no joy either.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Are you sure the engineer code you are using is the correct one?

dec2000 wrote: »
    Yup that's what I was trying, alarm unset and I enter 0 followed by the 4 digit engineer code but nothing happens then, I use to be asked for authorised by which is when I put in the other code.

When I was going through the manual I saw the user menu so just tried to see if I could get into that but no joy either.

Just to add we had a power cut a few weeks ago for a few hours so I tried 4567 just in case it had defaulted back but does nothing either

KoolKid wrote: »
    Are you sure the engineer code you are using is the correct one?

Yup he wrote it down for me and I was in it when I first set up the user code and was in it a few months back to set a number for the SMS

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

And you definitely had that code working prior to that?
    Its possible something got corrupted during the power up.
    If you are 100% sure that is the code the next thing to try is power the system down completely.
    Wait a minute & power it back up again. If that doesn't work you may have to default the system.

And you definitely had that code working prior to that?
    Its possible something got corrupted during the power up.
    If you are 100% sure that is the code the next thing to try is power the system down completely.
    Wait a minute & power it back up again. If that doesn't work you may have to default the system.

Yeah 100%, I'm assuming it can't be set to expire after a period of time?

Forgetting about the engineer menu for a moment, should I be able to see a user menu by pressing # after entering my user code? Wondering if something has corrupted the menus?

I think I'll ring him on Monday before trying to power it down. ☺

No
    You should be prompted for different menu options straightaway. If the system arms as soon as you enter the user code then there are no other permissions set up for that code.

No
    You should be prompted for different menu options straightaway. If the system arms as soon as you enter the user code then there are no other permissions set up for that code.

I just entered the user code for "authorised by" and it sets the alarm straight away as well. I'll ring Monday and see what he says, will report back. I want to ask about connecting gsm to heating anyway. Thanks for the help and suggestions.

Advertisement