Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

starting up as sole trader

Options
  • 09-01-2016 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

evening
    I apologise if this has been covered before but just want to get everything straight in my head
    i was PAYE employed for last year but am now started as job from 4th of January where i am on contract as a book keeper and need to set up as a sole trader - i will just be using my own name so do not think i need to go to CRO for company name - is this correct
    I am set up on revenue "my account" there is an option there called "Tax Registeration " and then Income tax - is this where i go to inform Revenue that i am now self imployed

Thanks in advance

clare

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭adrianw

You will need to complete a form TR1 to register with revenue as a sole trader in order to register for Income Tax, opposed to PAYE income tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Gard1

evening
    I apologise if this has been covered before but just want to get everything straight in my head
    i was PAYE employed for last year but am now started as job from 4th of January where i am on contract as a book keeper and need to set up as a sole trader - i will just be using my own name so do not think i need to go to CRO for company name - is this correct
    I am set up on revenue "my account" there is an option there called "Tax Registeration " and then Income tax - is this where i go to inform Revenue that i am now self imployed

Thanks in advance

clare

Good evening Clare

Setting up is straightforward online registration is the easiest way
    Your accountant should be able to look after it for you. The only thing to watch out for is if you are only working for one company you would be classed as employed in revenues eyes. Any expenses claimed incorrectly will be written back and penalties could apply.

Advertisement