Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Campervan vrt query.

Options
  • 09-01-2016 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Sorry if this has been asked before, can't get/see a definite answer but thinking of importing a campervan from the uk. It's a Mazda bongo with end conversion and it's a motor caravan on the v5c I'm told,so is it straightforward to vrt it or will I have to get it sqi'd/ cert of conversion etc..
    Thanks in advance
    Mick.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 The hillwalker

Hi Mick, Sorry I can't offer any advice as I am in exactly the same position as you. No one seems to have any answers regarding Bongo's. As it stands at the moment I can't commit to buying without knowing if they are classed as a camper or a 'van with windows' as someone told me. Seems strange that Donedeal are showing some for sale with insurance and tax discs for campervan and they only have the 2 rear rows of seats fitted with no kitchen! I will be watching this thread with interest. Regards Ray

• Registered Users Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭Alkers

You shouldn't have any issues registering it as a camper here but you may need to get the sqi declaration etc done in order to get camper van insurance depending who you go with.

Advertisement