Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replace Sim on HKC

Options
  • 09-01-2016 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭

Hi

Have a HKC Quantum 70 and GSM unit

I need to change the SIM ( i forgot the password to add credit and need to take it out to change the password)

How is this done? is it easy or do I need installer to do it

DT

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Anyone ??

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You should be able to just power down the panel & GSM replace the SIM & power up again. Check SIM PIN is turned off.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭batman2000

Similar question
    I've a HKC panel with a GSM Q. I forgot to setup the online account and need the SIM removed and put into a phone (to get an online verification code)
    I was going to remove the fuse from the power, open up the HKC panel.

Pop out the SIM, get the code etc, then pop back in the SIM.

Should there be any problems once the system is powered back up again?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The system should power back up with all its memory intact.You will also have to disconnect the battery inside the panel to power it down completely.

Advertisement