Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get Freeview in Ireland?

Options
  • 08-01-2016 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭

How do you get free view in Ireland? I'm in west Offaly. What's the best way to get free view, and can you get it without the few adult channels?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

zeebre12 wrote: »
    How do you get free view in Ireland? I'm in west Offaly. What's the best way to get free view, and can you get it without the few adult channels?

get freesat alongside saorview as its better than freeview

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭Thurston?

How do you get free view in Ireland? I'm in west Offaly. What's the best way to get free view

Freeview, with a capital F, is free UK terrestrial broadcast TV.

In Offaly, I would only bother with it in an enthusiast/tinkerer capacity. If you just want to watch free UK TV, get a satellite setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

The adult channels will tune into Free to air satellite it's a case of deleting them individually.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

For pretty much all of Ireland the answer is
    Unless your neighbours have towers with antennas pointing north (or pointing East if on the coast) then you aren't going to get it.

You are offaly far from the North so unless you are living up the mountains it won't happen.

Freesat FTV , though you won't get stuff like Dave.

Advertisement