Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SUSI Eligibility question - Second Year

Options
  • 08-01-2016 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭

Just a quick question whih I have been wondering about.
    I started a level 7 course in September and had applied to SUSI about the grant. I was living at home at the time and a lot of info was required for the grant application.
    As I had already been a first year in a level 7 course years ago, I assumed that I probably would not get the grant.
    Because of the amount of information requested, I eventually did not complete the grant process and let it lapse. I paid the €3000 college fees and was eligible for BTEA anyway, so I used that.

What I am wondering is, can I apply for the fees part of the SUSI grant for second year or is that not an option now? Also, I am now living in my own apartment and not in the parents house anymore - would I be now classed as an Independent applicant or still as a Mature Dependent applicant?
    I am over 25 if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

You can apply to SUSI for the second year of the course but you cannot change to an Independent Mature Student as you are now classed as a dependent student at your point of entry, irrespective of where you live now.

If you already started the application for 2015/16, SUSI can re-open your application for this year. Check it out with them.

Advertisement