Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media mobile deal- 4 months free for existing customers

Options
  • 08-01-2016 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,767 ✭✭✭

3FjP9Fu.jpg
    Customer price plans and offer available to Virgin Media broadband or TV customers are subject to a new 12 month contract on your broadband, TV and home phone services (as applicable). A 30 day rolling contract on mobile applies.

Customer price plans and offer available to Virgin Media broadband or TV customers, subject to a limit of two mobile subscriptions per account, a maximum of one promotion per mobile subscription or mobile number (MSISDN) in any 12 month period, and a new 12 month contract on your broadband, TV and home phone services (as applicable). A 30 day rolling contract on mobile applies. Plans include national landline and mobile calls, text messages and data within the Republic of Ireland. Offer closes 31/03/16.

Fair Usage Policy on unlimited plans: Monthly allowance of 10,000 national (landline and mobile) minutes, 10,000 national SMS, and 30GB of national data, within the Republic of Ireland. All other calls, SMS or data usage for international, premium, nongeographic numbers and roaming will be charged at our standard rates, details of which can be found here. Where your usage exceeds our Fair Usage Policy, these rates shall also apply.

Click here for full terms and conditions

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,142 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I have this. It's a pretty good offer and no major strings.
    There is also an option to add on a foreign text/minutes package

Some problems I've had so far -

When roaming, particularly in the UK, it can take up to 7-8 hours to register on the local network. Germany took an hour or so, will see how long it takes in Poland next week. Also takes much longer than other providers to register on the home network when you come home.

They don't handle some of the 5**** numbers, in or out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

spurious wrote: »
    I have this. It's a pretty good offer and no major strings.
    There is also an option to add on a foreign text/minutes package

Some problems I've had so far -

When roaming, particularly in the UK, it can take up to 7-8 hours to register on the local network. Germany took an hour or so, will see how long it takes in Poland next week. Also takes much longer than other providers to register on the home network when you come home.

They don't handle some of the 5**** numbers, in or out

What's 5*****? Jus checking. I've a pal works with virgin mobile and will check with them Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,767 ✭✭✭DopeTech

What's 5*****? Jus checking. I've a pal works with virgin mobile and will check with them Monday

Short code numbers like coca cola,RTE or fm104 e.g. 53104. They do handle some short codes, they have a list on their site

http://support.virginmedia.ie/app/answers/print/a_id/919

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

India callcentre.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,767 ✭✭✭DopeTech

rom wrote: »
    India callcentre.

I switched over a number the other week and the woman on the phone was definitely Irish. Might just be out of hours support is from India.

Quickest port ever too. Signal died on my old network in about 2 minutes and VM sim bacame active.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,838 ✭✭✭jeffk

Using the three network(like everyone bar Eir/Meteor/Vodafone), so you can expect issues

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Delta2113

rom wrote: »
    India callcentre.

-Wrong -main call centre in Manilla, The Philippines and they have people in Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Corkey123

The best part of this deal is the price 25 per month if you can leave with the levels of service - data coverage is patchy and slow from my experience. Virgin Media need to up their intention on the 4G front if they are to attract more settled customers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

Virgin Media need to up their intention on the 4G front if they are to attract more settled customers

I would jump onto this if they had 4G.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

Delta2113 wrote: »
    -Wrong -main call centre in Manilla, The Philippines and they have people in Limerick.

Yes you are correct. Manilla ain't great.

https://www.virginmedia.ie/pdf/Mobile/mobile-standard-call-rates-2015.pdf

25c for uk land line while it would be 1c with tesco mobile.

https://www.tescomobile.ie/priceplans/international/index.aspx

There is always a catch.

USA landline would be 2 cent with tesco but 30 cent with virgin.

With VoIP which they will use for the calls this is a joke.

For example Lithuania landline is 1 cent with tesco but 90 cent with virgin.

These are just examples. International texts are 20 cent with virgin but most are 14 cent with tesco. I have not compared to another providers but if you are someone who knows no one outside of Ireland and never travel then its a good deal. Otherwise you would want to check the small print.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Daibheid

I went to sign up The week this came out and then found buried in the small print you lock yourself in on your current broadband, TV, etc deal for another year.

Something to be aware of.

It's good value with the caveat that it's the Three network and the extended commitment on existing packages but I passed.

Advertisement