Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

women's self defence limericks

Options
  • 08-01-2016 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭

Hi anyone know of any women self defence classes or kickboxing with women in it ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,243 ✭✭✭✭endacl

There was a young woman from Limerick,
    Who defended herself with a big stick...
    Whether mugger or chugger, or dirty auld bugger,
    She'd lay each and all out with a swift kick!

Sorry. Couldn't help meself when I read your thread title! :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I'd recommend Waza Kai Jiu Jitsu (https://www.facebook.com/WazaKaiJuJitsu/?fref=ts) out the Ennis Road, if you can travel out of the city centre. It's a mixed club with a great atmosphere. Mike and the others are great, especially with beginners.

A (female) friend of mine trained with Response Krav Maga last year and loved it. I think it's mostly men in that club.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 187 ✭✭warpdrive

Why a 'women's' self defence class? You realise classes for martial arts are basically all for both men and women, right? And they're all taught the same things.

Unless you're just looking to make female friends or something

Advertisement