Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barbers in Sligo

Options
  • 08-01-2016 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Any recommendations for a good barbers in Sligo. Need somewhere that's good for me and the kids. No Mad Long Queues!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 The Hurricane

I go to Zagos up on Market street High street its very good great service and all the staff there are sound. Id highly recommend it and go their with my own kids

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭littlejp

I'm new enough to Sligo but have found Alfies near Bridge St to be great. Never had to wait more than a few minutes and always happy with the result.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

littlejp wrote: »
    I'm new enough to Sligo but have found Alfies near Bridge St to be great. Never had to wait more than a few minutes and always happy with the result.

Prices keep going up in there though

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭ryanch09

I like Zagros but as I'm a poor student I've found the best value in Charlie's on the Mall, €8 a cut in there and its quite quiet during the week

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Under_Graduate

ryanch09 wrote: »
    I like Zagros but as I'm a poor student I've found the best value in Charlie's on the Mall, €8 a cut in there and its quite quiet during the week

Zagros is only 9.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Sligo Hairdressing Academy on Holborn Street are doing free gents haircuts on Tuesday. I don't know what they are like but I saw a sign when I walked by.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭littlejp

magnumlady wrote: »
    Sligo Hairdressing Academy on Holborn Street are doing free gents haircuts on Tuesday. I don't know what they are like but I saw a sign when I walked by.

Sounds risky :)

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Carson10

Went to Alfies this week after not being there in about 3 years. Its gone very dated and was like getting a haircut of my aunty. The staff are really nice, but it all feels a bit 1998. Despite stating what I wanted (long styled on top, short sides, crew cut style), she just chomped the hell out of it and left it really short on top that I cant really style it. It was like she only knows one style from her hair dressing course in 1995.

They definitely need to revamp it and get a few new young barbers who have trendy hair cuts themselves and know whats current.

Wont be going back there again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Graham up at the corner of Old Market St and Burton Street (across from the cycle shop) does a great job for a tenner. Don't think there's a name on the shop.

Advertisement