Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moto 360 Smart Watch for €185

Options
  • 08-01-2016 9:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭

LINK: Amazon.co.uk

I have been looking for offers and prices on this for a while now and this is the best price I have seen.

It is the 1st Gen Moto 360 but still good value and comes with the metal strap. The metal strap is roughly €70 to buy on its own.

The 'same' watch is €249.95 in Argos but comes with the leather strap instead of metal.

Item is sold by ELITEGSM but is fulfilled by Amazon. Some people might be put of because of it being 1st Gen model but based on reviews I do not believe there us a huge difference between 1st and 2nd Gen.

Screenshot_22.png
    Tagged:

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Very good price, I've got one a while now and find it very good.

The odd issue with charging but generally fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,214 ✭✭✭ongarite

Its a good price but I would pay the €50 more for the 2nd gen watch which is far superior.
    Better processor with no lag, much improved battery life, higher resolution screen, better strap design and mounting lugs, heart-rate sensor.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭AS1890

ongarite wrote: »
    Its a good price but I would pay the €50 more for the 2nd gen watch which is far superior.
    Better processor with no lag, much improved battery life, higher resolution screen, better strap design and mounting lugs, heart-rate sensor.

Can you provide a link to the 2nd Gen one please? Would be interested in it if I can get it for just €50 more.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

ongarite wrote: »

I personally find the gen 1 fine, no lag, strap is fine, battery could be better and it has a heart rate sensor.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,217 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

AS1890 wrote: »
    Can you provide a link to the 2nd Gen one please? Would be interested in it if I can get it for just €50 more.
    I got the second gen from Amazon.es just after Christmas for about 225 delivered, not sure if the deal is still on though

• Advertisement

I got the second gen from Amazon.es just after Christmas for about 225 delivered, not sure if the deal is still on though

Thanks. Checking it out now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

That price for the 2nd gen is not available anymore. It is on lightning deal on amazon.co.uk at the moment but still not as cheap as before Christmas.

I am on the lookout for the second gen myself

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Meathman26

Finding it hard to find a moto 360 2nd Gen, wanted to buy one direct from Motorola website and customize it but it's out of stock, out of stock with Currys and pc world too, and I cant order from the American Motorola website, don't want to buy from argos cause I can't customize it, don't want to buy from Amazon either, anybody got any other options or bought one recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭vjmcdonnell

Was a lot cheaper before

You will find it very hard to get a customised Moto 360 in Ireland or even delivered to Ireland.

In terms of price the 1st Gen. was on EU Global for €159 2 days ago. Price has gone back up now but their prices go up and down on a daily basis.

http://www.eglobalcentral.eu/product/Moto%20360?subcats=Y&status=A&pshort=Y&pfull=Y&pname=Y&pkeywords=Y&search_performed=Y&q=Moto%20360

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭DanC90

Argos are currently selling the 1st Gen for €175 for anyone who is still interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭vjmcdonnell

Was down at £110 in Sept so really not a great deal tbh

Was down at £110 in Sept so really not a great deal tbh

Tbh I don't think it's worth buying at all now, there were complaints about the processor of the first gen and that was when it was released (although I heard Marshmallow for wear did improve the first gens performance) but now with I think it's Qualcomm designing a new chip made especially for wearables the 3rd Gen should offer much better performance over even the 2nd Gen 360 so IMO I believe it's best waiting a few months for those to arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,217 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

DanC90 wrote: »
    Tbh I don't think it's worth buying at all now, there were complaints about the processor of the first gen and that was when it was released (although I heard Marshmallow for wear did improve the first gens performance) but now with I think it's Qualcomm designing a new chip made especially for wearables the 3rd Gen should offer much better performance over even the 2nd Gen 360 so IMO I believe it's best waiting a few months for those to arrive.
    I have the 2nd Gen, don't have any issues with processor speed at all - a better battery would be much more important for me. Ideally one where you could go away for a weekend without a charger, or even allowing it to also be charged by micro usb rather than always having to carry a wireless charger

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

I'd pass on the 1st gen moto 360 unless it was €100 or something but I wouldn't pay €175 for it. Its a slow painful headache with rotten battery life.

I have the 2nd Gen, don't have any issues with processor speed at all - a better battery would be much more important for me. Ideally one where you could go away for a weekend without a charger, or even allowing it to also be charged by micro usb rather than always having to carry a wireless charger

I said the processor of the 1st Gen not the 2nd, I'd buy the 2nd Gen myself if it were to drop around the €200-250 mark but as I said before it shouldn't be much longer before the next gen comes around and with the rumoured better processor and battery that will come with it I think I will wait until then to get a smartwatch.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭TempAc

Currently at. 77% with 1 day 3 hours estimated with a 1st gen 360 on Marshmallow. Picked it up for 110 on adverts.ie.

Never found battery to be a problem. Work it at that price. Use may vary depending on notifications etc

Advertisement