Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer and network maintenance wcfe

Options
  • 08-01-2016 4:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

Helle I'm considering applying to wcfe for the computer and network maintenance corse

I'm just looking for some feedback as to what people thought about the corse and collage in general
    Is it a difficult corse?
    Is it needed to have a good understanding of computers before doing this corse?
    Where do people get work experience and what did they make of it?

Any feedback greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Iopu

daylers wrote: »
    Helle I'm considering applying to wcfe for the computer and network maintenance corse

I'm just looking for some feedback as to what people thought about the corse and collage in general
    Is it a difficult corse?
    Is it needed to have a good understanding of computers before doing this corse?
    Where do people get work experience and what did they make of it?

Any feedback greatly appreciated

I took the first year of this course before the college had moved to its current location. And I did enjoy being in the college (the old building) and spending the day there. Generally the course is 50/50. Some of the staff are good and others are pretty bad. I also felt that we had nearly covered the course by Christmas and spent the rest of the year sitting around waiting for the exams. I was pretty glad to leave for third level with the level 5 and not return for the second year as it was way too slow for me. So no; it's not a difficult course. Especially if your into computers. You will find it way too easy.
    Unfortunately most in my class did not manage to get a computing related work placement. We did ours in local shops etc.
    Overall: I would recommend this course to anyone who needs the level 5 to get into third level. Anyone who's serious about learning about computing or working in the field. I would not recommend this course and suggest you go straight into a third level course.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭daylers

Iopu wrote: »
    I took the first year of this course before the college had moved to its current location. And I did enjoy being in the college (the old building) and spending the day there. Generally the course is 50/50. Some of the staff are good and others are pretty bad. I also felt that we had nearly covered the course by Christmas and spent the rest of the year sitting around waiting for the exams. I was pretty glad to leave for third level with the level 5 and not return for the second year as it was way too slow for me. So no; it's not a difficult course. Especially if your into computers. You will find it way too easy.
    Unfortunately most in my class did not manage to get a computing related work placement. We did ours in local shops etc.
    Overall: I would recommend this course to anyone who needs the level 5 to get into third level. Anyone who's serious about learning about computing or working in the field. I would not recommend this course and suggest you go straight into a third level course.

Thanks that's great feedback really helpful
    I'm interested in learning about computers but don't know a great deal about them I know the basics, I did foundation level maths for lc so 3rd level straight away I sent really an option and thought doing this for a year would help give me a better idea if its somthinh if like to Persue, my main concern was that I'd would move to fast for sombou without a great deal of computers

Advertisement