Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

box frame

Options
  • 08-01-2016 12:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi All,
    I'm looking for an unfinished wooden box frame (with glass) to make a scrabble picture. Does anyone know a supplier of these?
    Tried the art n hobby shop and inspiring ideas in blanch.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭TreasureBin

I know a few people doing something similar and the general consensus seems to be that Ikea is the best value.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Pullover

I know a few people doing something similar and the general consensus seems to be that Ikea is the best value.

Thanks for the reply.

You don't have a link to these online do you? I didn't find them when searching.

This kind is 4.5cm deep (just under 2 in): http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/products/decoration/frames-pictures/ribba-frame-white-art-00078032

I'm not seeing any bigger ones right now, but I know my friends have got something around A2 size before.

Sorry, am just rereading your original post and see that you were looking for unfinished. I was thinking of the white ones - sorry about that!

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Shooter_galway

Bump OP did you find these, similar situation trying to do one as a house warming gift but can't source a frame??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭celligraphy

Get two frames from the pound shops and nail them together to make a box frame , that's what I did with my little girls handprint

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

Ikea have them at the minute. 23cm x 23cm for £3.50... only thing is that they are finished white.

Advertisement