Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanted - student for farm placement - sheep

Options
  • 08-01-2016 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Looking for a an Ag student to help out with lambing 240 ewes. Based in Carlow. Start on 7th March for 6-7 weeks. If you know of anyone interested ask them to contact me!

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

You could leave your name with the Vet College, UCD as they may have students looking for that kind of experience.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Registered Users Posts: 37 rathlyon

Thanks Greysides, will do. If there are any Ag 3rd years in UCD or the Vet college reading this feel free to contact me

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭fanadman1

Id say get onto any ag collage.
    When i was in ballyhaise there was serous bother getting places for students. If you were able to offer accomaditon there is a pile of donegal lads willing to work at sheep when i was there. Obly problem could be that they need 12 weeks mabey that does not suit you.

Cheers fanadman1. We are lucky in that we have good quality accommodation for them. 12 weeks a bit long however you are right there

rathlyon wrote: »
    Cheers fanadman1. We are lucky in that we have good quality accommodation for them. 12 weeks a bit long however you are right there

Was thinkin that i done my placement on a farm in meath stayed with him. Lambed 1000 ewes and 200 ewe lambs.
    I have to say the 12 weeks flew.saying that we did spend 7 weeks lambing and 2 weeks between setting up abd dismantleing the lambing shed. It was a big change for a fella leavin a farm in north donegal with 10 suckler cows and 70 ewes. Really showed me the economices of scale and it can be done easyily. Anyway im way of topic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

During my time in ucd Ag John odoherty was in charge of the placements. I'll pm you his contact details

• Registered Users Posts: 4,045 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Did you contact kildalton college ?

Kildalton is 12 weeks duration I think, a bit long for us thanks anyway

rathlyon wrote: »
    Kildalton is 12 weeks duration I think, a bit long for us thanks anyway

All greencert couses thru an ag collage the level 5 is 12 weeks long

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

fanadman1 wrote: »
    All greencert couses thru an ag collage the level 5 is 12 weeks long

Ucd Ag is a month(minimum on each type of farm) but the student is responsible for organising it and can split it among as many or few farms as they want

• Advertisement
Advertisement