Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooking Club Classics #1 Introduction: Lasagna

Options
  • 08-01-2016 12:18am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭

"Classics" Introduction: Once a month, we will start a thread about a popular dish that has endless variations. We are asking you to post your recipe for how you make this dish, and/or to try other recipes for a change and report back.

Lasagna.

IMG_8057.jpg

(Not my picture, I just found it on Google!)

A staple Italian dish in many households. It's a dish that's extremely easy to change and adapt to your palate, which makes it ideal for personalising. So how do you make yours? Do you go down the healthy route with aubergines and cottage cheese? Do you do a monster deep dish with as many glorious layers as possible? Maybe you make a vegetarian version, or use something other than beef? Maybe your Italian Granny taught you her recipe when you were just a bambino. However you make yours, we want to hear about it!

How to join in:

Start a new thread with your recipe. Preface the thread title with "Cooking Club Classics #1" but feel free to describe your dish however you like in the rest of the title.

Post your recipe, with pictures if you like. The pictures must be your own, though! Ideally, put your pictures after the complete ingredients list and method, for readability.

To maintain the spirit of the forum, please try someone else's recipe and give them feedback.

If you don't have a recipe to post, that's cool too! Feel free to try whichever recipes grab your fancy and don't forget to post with your feedback.

We will typically post a "Classic" challenge at the start of a month and leave it run until the end of the month. After the month has ended, new recipe submissions for that dish will be stopped, but you can continue to comment on previous submissions as much as you like.

If you have any questions about the general topic, post on this thread. Don't post your recipes here though.

Buon appetito!

Rightio, that's 2016 underway! Spread the word far and wide. Everyone is welcome to join and take part, and the more the merrier!

1. Sparks' Lasagna

2. Dizzyblonde's Lasagna

3. MissFlitworth's Lasagna (The Januarying)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

It begins! Here's to a wonderful Cooking Club year :)

Brilliant timing Faith, because I'm making lasagna tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Woop! Excited :D

AND I have mince AND I have to experiment with my lasagne recipe because I am in trapped in the dreaded World of Slimming following a very debauched end to to 2015 resulting in a slight look of Rab C Nesbitt if you see me in profile.

Lasagne it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

I'm loving my Fridays again!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,603 ✭✭✭squonk

Good idea but could the guest recipes be added to this thread instead? What I really love about TCC is it's as good as a cookbook. The trouble is 2-3 years down the road there'll be heaps of different threads to sift through. It'd be nicer to see a thread "Cooking Club Classics #X: Thai Curry" where all contributors recipes are filed under that thread, rather than having to thread hop down the line.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

squonk wrote: »
    Good idea but could the guest recipes be added to this thread instead? What I really love about TCC is it's as good as a cookbook. The trouble is 2-3 years down the road there'll be heaps of different threads to sift through. It'd be nicer to see a thread "Cooking Club Classics #X: Thai Curry" where all contributors recipes are filed under that thread, rather than having to thread hop down the line.

That was my thoughts too - that the thread would be along the lines of: Lasanga: How do YOU do it? then all posters could post their recipes, or methods preferably without loads of pictures, and you'd naturally be drawn to the most thanked post as the 'best recipe' one down the line.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

squonk wrote: »

We've talked it over and we'll try it this way if that's the forum's preference. My concern over it was that it could get very confusing. I'll edit in links to the Lasagna recipes in the first post for this month, then next time we'll post them all on the one thread and see if there's any difference between how the two approaches work.

Advertisement