Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Discovery Channel

Options
  • 07-01-2016 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭

This channel has gone from decent to pure sh ite in the last 4 or 5 years, series after series of pure staged reality crap, such as those crappy storage programs and gold mining series full of paid actors.

A new series has just started tonight Railroad Alaska same as all the other crappy series with some idiot voice over claiming everything is life or death.

Phew glad I got that out

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

used to be my favorite channel, even when every week was shark week :)

the history channel is just as bad

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

All of the "documentary" channels have gone to the dogs. PBS I think is the exception. Ice Road Truckers, Railroad Alaska, Naked and afraid, it's all rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

liam7831 wrote: »
    This channel has gone from decent to pure sh ite in the last 4 or 5 years, series after series of pure staged reality crap, such as those crappy storage programs and gold mining series full of paid actors.

A new series has just started tonight Railroad Alaska same as all the other crappy series with some idiot voice over claiming everything is life or death.

Phew glad I got that out

I have to agree. most of it rubbish

I do like the gold programs though. I like the process but you have to look past all the crap

all the storage programs are all staged, nobody would leave that stuff in there. there cant be that many people dying and the locker being forgotten about . surly there should be some law naming the next of kin or who to contact if they failed to contact you

I watched some of railroad Alaska. its total crap. all staged and blown up . they claim the train is hurtling towards them and they have to jump out of the way if the rocks arnt cleared

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I do like the factual documentaries on aliens. The X Files is also a good re enactment show for the H2 channel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

I am the same myself. I only look at the gold ones (years ago I worked in a mine on a year out so like looking at it now) but all the other shows are cat. I seen the mermaid one they done a few years ago and haven't looked back at any other shows since then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Some of the stuff on CI does be decent too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

The History Channel shouldn't be called the History Channel anymore! There is no history on it! H2 isn't too bad for documentaries. But they have all seriously gone to the dogs the last few years. Just like MTV doesn't have music anymore either. I hate so called "reality tv". Most of it is staged anyway! I miss the actual history programs. You get more out of the half an hour of Reeling in the Years nowadays.

Advertisement