Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACCA P4 or P5 or P7

Options
  • 07-01-2016 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭

I am looking for some advice on which exam to take next. What are peoples opinions between P4, P5 and P7? Any help much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,346 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

otterj wrote: »
    I am looking for some advice on which exam to take next. What are peoples opinions between P4, P5 and P7? Any help much appreciated

Hi otterj, I have sat both P4 and P5. P4 is very interesting but there is a lot in the course and some aspects can be quite difficult. If number crunching is your thing then go for P4.

I thought P5 was actually quite easy and I think a reason for this is because I sat it straight after P3. If you did well in P3, I would highly recommend doing P5 as it is pretty much regurgitating the theory from P3. But note that there isn't all that many calculations involved in this paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Kaka86

I found while the material in P5 was interesting and fairly easily to learn ... The application in the exam questions was by far the most difficult of the P's. I did P6 so can't comment on the other options. I do think it's important to pick a subject you find interesting or can apply to your role. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Agree with the above on p5, material was good but the paper can be awful. Not much info in the scenarios and badly worded questions. I had a bad teacher though, probably much more doable with a good teacher.

I found p7 fine, had done really well in f8 and p2 so helped a lot. You'll know yourself how you did in your other papers and where your strengths lie.

I'll know more January 18th anyway :p

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭otterj

Agree with the above on p5, material was good but the paper can be awful. Not much info in the scenarios and badly worded questions. I had a bad teacher though, probably much more doable with a good teacher.

I found p7 fine, had done really well in f8 and p2 so helped a lot. You'll know yourself how you did in your other papers and where your strengths lie.

I'll know more January 18th anyway :p

Who did you have for P5? so i can avoid him/her:)

Advertisement