Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Booking A DOE Test

Options
  • 06-01-2016 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

I'm putting a van back on the road after it was declared off-the-road for over a year since I purchased it. It will eventually be a camper van but I am putting it back on the road before it is completed. For my DOE test I just called the local testing centre and booked in with them.

After booking the test directly with the testing centre locally I noticed on the CVRT website that there's a whole rigmarole about booking online and having to produce a company registration number and PPS number etc.

For example:
    https://operator.cvrt.ie/Account/Register?

My van is a commercial vehicle but I don't have a company.

What is the correct way to register for the DOE?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭JBokeh

I just ring in the local centre and book it with the receptionist, I've no VAT number or business. Shortly after ringing I get a text to my phone telling me it has been confirmed booked and the date of the test, and after the obligatory fail I get another text when I present it again

The link you provided is for a truck I think, You'd be testing a car/jeep/van which is the LCV test in the quick links section to the right of the screen

• Site Banned Posts: 137 ✭✭MaryAntoinette

Why do people keep calling it a DOE?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Old habit....The Dept of Environment haven't had anything to do with vehicle testing for a long time now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

rb25 wrote: »
    I'm putting a van back on the road after it was declared off-the-road for over a year since I purchased it. It will eventually be a camper van but I am putting it back on the road before it is completed. For my DOE test I just called the local testing centre and booked in with them.

After booking the test directly with the testing centre locally I noticed on the CVRT website that there's a whole rigmarole about booking online and having to produce a company registration number and PPS number etc.

For example:
    https://operator.cvrt.ie/Account/Register?

My van is a commercial vehicle but I don't have a company.

What is the correct way to register for the DOE?

You don't need to register if you don't own a HGV.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭rb25

When I booked with the local VTN centre on phone they told me I only need to bring my drivers license with me. On the page for the LCV test "checklist" it says to make sure to "bring your vehicle registration documents with you". I have the documents but lack of consistency on the information I have been given might mean they refuse to do the test.

• Advertisement

JBokeh wrote: »
    The link you provided is for a truck I think, You'd be testing a car/jeep/van which is the LCV test in the quick links section to the right of the screen

Correct. I missed that there are two different types of test.

Is it called a CVR Test?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

rb25 wrote: »
    Is it called a CVR Test?
    CVRT
    Commercial
    Vehicle
    Roadworthyness
    Test

I think :o